Despite being busy we have still managed to squeeze in a few weekend adventures. A few weeks ago we went and explored the Dupont Circle area in DC. It is a really cool part of DC with pre-1900 townhouses, restaurants and shops.
This was one of the more impressive townhouses that we saw. The detailed woodwork mixed with the vibrant colors really makes it stand out. Dupont was a really nice area in part because there weren’t any tall buildings. Not many buildings were over 5 stories and there were solid blocks of townhomes.
Dupont Circle gets it name from the traffic circle that is in the center of the area. It is a two lane traffic circle that has a large seating area and fountain in the middle. I made sure to park a block or two before we got to the circle as traffic around DC is bad enough on straight roads.
This is an interesting business model. I wonder if they can tell me what Tattoo I want? I was tempted to take a closer look but decided against it. Instead we went to SweetGreen a great frozen yogurt place. Yum.
As evening approached we decided to get some good sunset pictures of the Capitol. The picture above is one of my favorites. It was peaceful to sit and relax near such a majestic building. Since school has started up and Congress was out of session there were only a few tourists. We basically had the place to ourselves.
No comments:
Post a Comment