October 31, 2010

Busy Month

October was a very busy month.  I found out I passed the Virginia Bar! I also traveled to Atlanta for week and up to New Jersey for a day the next week.  Aimee has also been busy.  Her graduate classes have picked up and the classes combined with teaching is keeping her very busy.  But we have also found time to do a lot of fun things, especially on the weekends.

This weekend we went to the Shenandoah’s National Park.  We were a little late for the peak of the fall colors at the highest elevations, but at the lower elevations there were a lot of bright reds, yellows and oranges. 

IMGP4018

It was really a nice time to be outside and out of the city.  The weather was wonderful and the park was a lot less crowded than we expected.

IMGP3999 

IMGP4039

IMGP4115

We even took a hike down to see a waterfall.  It was really pretty.

We are on the activities committee in our ward and last week we put together a Halloween party.  The party was a great success, aside from the fact that I ate 4 doughnuts in about 10 minutes and made myself sick.  After the party we went out for Thai food with our friends Eric and Stephanie. 

144

I dressed up as a construction worker and Aimee dressed up as Tinkerbell. 

IMGP3959

I got a great room in Atlanta.  Here is a picture of the skyline out of my window. 

Earlier this month we also went to the Maryland Renaissance Festival.  It was a good experience and there were a lot of people in costume.  We even got to see a joust. 

IMGP3903

3 comments:

Lindy Salmon said...

You were in Atlanta! You should have told us and we'd meet you downtown (if your schedule allowed . . . I know sometimes it's busy). Next time.

Sarah said...

Congratulations on passing the bar!! Did you get a new camera? Your pictures look really good (not that they didn't before).

Ben and Camille said...

i second sarah--nice pictures! i'm sure you got a new camera! love all the stuff you guys do!