June 12, 2011

Michelle’s Wedding and Memorial Day Break

It’s mid-June now and Aimee is counting down the days to summer vacation.  Her school goes a lot later than schools in Utah so she has a week and a half left but is so close.  Her summer grad class has already started so she will still be somewhat busy for the summer, especially since she is the girls camp director for our ward. 

A couple weeks ago we got to go to Utah for a short trip to see Michelle and Cody get married.  It was a fun wedding and the reception turned out great.  Since they were having an outdoor reception we were all a little worried about the weather, but it ended up cooperating.  I didn’t take pictures of the wedding but Camille was their photographer and the pictures I have seen look really good.  I did take pictures at the luncheon and reception.  I’ve been taking a digital  photography class and was able to use some of the things I learned while taking the pictures.

Here are a few of the pictures of the luncheon and reception.

IMGP6470

Delicious Dutch oven cooking.  The cobbler was so good.

IMGP6477

Rolls and cake pops. 

IMGP6484

Here is a picture of Aimee, her mom and grandma.  It was really good to see everyone at the wedding and spend some time with them.

IMGP6542

Aimee pinning a flower on her dad’s jacket.

IMGP6544

I thought this was funny.  The ol’ ball and chain…

IMGP6547

The decorations looked great.

IMGP6549

The bride and groom.  The reception was at the Haacke family’s backyard.  They have a beautiful backyard that worked perfectly for the reception.

IMGP6573

The kids had a good time as well.  Eric really enjoyed the desert. 

IMGP6583

Paige was really funny.  When she saw Riley sit down on the floor she thought it was time to pray so she sat down herself and folded her arms. 

We also drove up to Benson for a day and visited my family.  Unfortunately, we didn’t get many good pictures but we did get a good video of my grandpa singing the “Mañana Song”.  I’m not sure how to compress the file to a small enough size to upload but it is a great video to have. 

After we got back we had a photo shoot for my photography class.  The shoot was at the Washington Monument.  It was fun and I got a few good pictures.

IMGP6879

I thought this picture of the Capitol turned out really nicely. 

IMGP6816

While we were exploring some of the different camera settings I got this flag picture.  I thought it looked cool.

A couple weeks ago we went camping for the Memorial day weekend.  It was so nice to get out of the city.  Sometimes living so close so many people can really get overwhelming so we have to get out every now and then.  We went to the Cedarville State Forest in Maryland.  Our friends Eric and Stephanie joined us for one of the nights and we had an intense game of spades.  We also had great eggs and bacon in the morning.  On one of the days we were there we went to North Beach.  We put on sunscreen but still got some sunburns.

IMGP6892

The beach had a practically new boardwalk, a nice pier and there were quite a few nice beach houses close by.

 IMGP6903

We had a lot of fun.

2 comments:

Lindy Salmon said...

" Sometimes living so close so many people can really get overwhelming so we have to get out every now and then." Amen Cache Valley brother! I guess it is just part of our roots :).

Tawnya said...

Drew, your pictures do look great! I love them!