May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day - A Tribute to Our Moms!

We thought it would be nice to write a tribute to our moms today.


My (Aimee's) mom is one of the most patient people I know. When I was a teenager I would have these moody fits and crying spells but for some reason I would never want to just up and tell her about what was wrong. She would patiently play 20 (or 40) questions until she could figure out what the problem was. She was incredibly sympathetic and even if she couldn't completely solve the problem she would always make me feel better. Some of my other favorite memories of my mom are when we watched an episode of the Red Green Show where Red cooks his Thanksgiving Dinner on the engine of his car, using the windshield wiper fluid sprayers to baste the turkey with gravy. We both laughed so hard we cried! It was really kind of stupid, but for some reason it was really funny to us that night. At Christmas time she used to sew new dresses for the favorite dolls of my older sister and I. She would change the dresses while we were asleep so that when we woke up our dolls had a wonderful new dress on. Thank you mom for working hard to give me such a wonderful life, for setting such an incredible example, and for your strength and testimony.


My (Andrew's) Mom is one of the most giving and kind people that I know. She is always thinking of others and ways that she can help them. When we were growing up every year on Halloween she would bake about 70+ loaves of bread and when she took us trick-or-treating at all of the elderly people's houses we would visit with them and would give them one of the homemade loaves of bread. She encourages everyone around her to be better and to do the right things. Growing up she would always help all of us with our school work (sometimes in exchange for feeding calves). I think she must have written about half of AJ's stories and papers. She has always been willing to give to those in need and she spends her life in the best way possible, in the service of others. Thank you mom for all you have done and continue to do for me. I love you.

2 comments:

Ali Andrus said...

This is so sweet. I love that you did this for your moms. I wish I would've thought of it! I'm sure your moms were overjoyed.

Maria said...

Wow, that is a lot of bread! What a thoughtful thing to do. Thanks for sharing.