Living in a large city has some advantages, but one major drawback of living in a big city is that it is hard find a lot of outdoor activities. Arlington is better than a lot of cities about having parks and bike trails but we often still feel like it is hard to get away from the "city atmosphere." For memorial day we wanted to find a good place to go camping, but alas, we did not take the time during the week to locate a good place. Memorial day weekend came and on Saturday morning we still had no plans for the weekend that was already upon us. We had heard about a national park (maybe it is a state park) that is only about 20 minutes from where we live. We decided to go there.
After waiting in a long line of cars for about 45 minutes, literally hundreds of cars were in front of us, we made it through the park entrance. We had a great time there were a lot of people at first but we started following the Potomac river trail and managed to get away from the crowds. The weather was perfect. It was about 70-80 degrees with sunny skies.

Drew ready for a hike after being cooped up in the city for who knows how long!

A gorgeous brave mountaineer.

These Lizards were all over the place.

The Falls that the Park are named after.
Also this week was my birthday. It was wonderful Aimee made a fabulous salmon meal with a double layer birthday cake, got me a whole stack of presents, and even covered the cake with candles. She put on the right number of candles but these days it is looking like more of a small bonfire sitting on the table than a birthday cake when it is all lit!

It Tastes Great!
Another thing of note that happened this week was we booked Aimee's airplane tickets back to Utah for the summer break. She will be flying to Utah on the Morning of June 25th and she will fly back to Washington on July 9th. I actually won the tickets for her flight by playing games online to earn frequent flyer miles so that was nice because plane tickets are expensive these days and we are poor students (well I guess I am really the only student).
7 comments:
Drew, who needs outdoor activities when you have Dr Mario?! I hope you're holding your title duties seriously. PS HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Aimee, that's so exciting your coming back home!! That would be awesome if you made it to our reception on the 27th, but we definitely understand if your short vacation includes other plans.
Hope you're both doing well! Man I miss you guys.
Drew, only you could win your wife a plane ticket by playing games online... I am in awe of your abilities! Aimee, I would LOVE to volunteer our house (in West Valley) for a USU/Hillside get together. Because I want to see you and if I am hosting, its a pretty sure thing that I will be able to make it. I think Camille gets home on the second and it would also be good to make sure Sarah is home... let me know what (if any) dates are good for you and I will plan something. If you don't mind. And if you are just too busy, that's okay too, but I definitely want to offer.
I love hearing about your life back east! Miss you both!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDREW!!!!! How old are you? :) Chantelle
Happy Birthday! Looks like you guys found the outdoors alright. FUN! What online game gets you a plane ticket?
Looks like a fun day... once you actually got into the park!
I've started just writing the numbers with the candles... makes for less to blow out!
Send me your e-mail so I can invite you to my blog: maria_mccleve@yahoo.com
Aimee, if there is a day when you are in town that I can come down...I will try. I'm not sure what my schedule looks like...becuase that is getting close to finals for me. But we will be in touch. It's been far, far too long since I've seen you. Do you think it's been 2 years?!!?!
Also, the next time you wanna "get away" from the city...I think you should just come to Rexburg! I'll take you hiking no problem! ;)
What fun! I didn't know you could win plane tickets by playing games online! Aimee, you will love going back to visit Utah. Jesse and I just returned from a visit back there. Its so nice going back to see familiar faces and enjoy all Utah has to offer :)
Post a Comment