There is an old rhyme about the end of the school year that mentions something about "No more teacher's dirty looks!" I would like to modify this from the teacher's perspective, there are many substitutes for this line, here are just a few:
1. No more student's dirty looks
2. No more student's dirty language
3. No more dirty hands, feet shoes, hair, or noses (yes, even still in the eighth grade!)
4. No more dirty early mornings.
5. No more dirty chewing gum stuck all over the classroom.
And now for a few positives since mostly I use this blog to complain: 100% of my Algebra students and 75% of my math 8 students passed their state test. I think one or two of my students started to like me by the end of the school year. One student even left a note on my whiteboard saying she would miss me. Unfortunately she did not use a dry erase marker...sigh, one more job to add to my list when I cleaned my classroom. Drew and I went to the semi formal end of the year dance, and several of my students were really excited to meet him. It was fun to be able to point out students whose names he knew. We had no idea how to dance to the music my students listen to, but it was still fun.
Marlee Jane
2 months ago
4 comments:
I bet I could have passed that test. :) What songs were you listening to? I wonder how different their music is from ours. Chantelle
Good job!! I bet that is an awesome feeling to have so many of your students pass the tests. That is the sign of a great teacher! I'm sure you are ready for summer though! :)
Yeah for the end of the school year!! Even teachers who have good students (mostly good anyway) are always glad when school is out. I've had several roommates & cousins who were school teachers. Being a school teacher is A LOT of work!
You must be a good teacher! Bet you're glad to have a break for awhile :)
Post a Comment