November 21, 2009

Good News All Around

We have been pretty busy lately. Aimee recently studied for and took the Math Subject GRE and I have been working almost 30 hours per week on top of law school. However, we have some good news to report. Aimee got accepted into Georgetown's Graduate program in Math and I accepted a full time job offer that will start after I graduate at the nonprofit I have been working for. We have really enjoyed living in the DC area and look forward to staying here for a while more (sorry moms). We have also been doing some fun things including:



We went to the National Book festival. It rained but it was really fun and we had umbrellas. We listened to a lot of top authors including Louis Lowry (wrote Number the Stars) and Kate DiCamillo (wrote Because of Winn Dixie and The Tale of Despereaux).

We went to the Solar Home Decathalon. It was awesome some of the houses are amazing!
I have been doing some home cooking! Here I am making tortillas from scratch for soft tacos.
We went to a fun Halloween party. It is hard to tell from the picutre but Aimee had some sparkles in her hair.
We spent some good time outdoors exploring local parks.


4 comments:

Ben and Camille said...

CONGRATS YOU TWO!! That's great news about Aimee's acceptance and Drew's new job!! And that's even BETTER news that Drew is making tortillas from scratch:) Impressive! Ben has only made ONE meal in our 3 years together (and he actually through some chicken breasts, rice, and chicken noodle soup together really nicely!) You're a lucky woman Aimee. And P.S. Aimee-I love your hair and you look so stinking gorgeous!! Miss you guys!

Candalyn said...

Oh, Aimee, congratulations! I'm glad to hear you found which direction you want to take. And good for you Drew! And I'm terribly jealous you got to go to the National book Festival. I'm not sure which one I'm more envious of-- the grad program, the husband who will soon be done with school, or the book festival. Seriously. Good job guys.

Any chance I'm going to get to see you over the holidays?

Ash & Tim said...

Congratulations to both of you! Sounds like things are going great. The DC area looks beautiful!

Sarah said...

Congrats!! YAY. That's exciting, but too bad you'll still be so far away. :) Wow, Drew you have skills. I think you should drop your new career and open your own restaurant!