The past few weeks have been busy but fun! We have been able to do a lot of things thanks to the great weather and weekends. We went and saw the cherry blossom festival again this year. It was beautiful, as always, and seemed a little less crowded than other years.

We also discovered another treasure in DC - the National Arboretum. The Magnolia trees were in bloom and they had a great collection of Bonsai trees. I had never seen so many of the trees and was really amazed by how artistic they are. Some of them were over 100 years old. We went with our friends Eric and Stephanie Maughan.


Two weeks ago my work paid for me to go to a conference at the Harvard Law School in Boston and Aimee came along for the trip. Unfortunately, I was in meetings most of the time but Aimee got to go and see all the sights during the day and take me back to see some of the best places. Boston is a really fun city to visit but we decided we are glad we live near DC instead.


One of Aimee's many fantastic shots of the city.

This last weekend we decided we needed to get out of the city and reconnect with nature so we went to the Shenandoah National Park. It was fun place to visit and was not crowded at all - even though it was national park week. We hiked down to a beautiful waterfall and saw quite a few deer. It was a nice day trip.



This week is also my last week of law school classes ever! We are both excited for me to be done. I have finals during the first two weeks of May then I am taking the next two weeks off before I start full-time June 1st. Aimee's school is going well and she really wants to teach again at the same school next year.
2 comments:
Congrats on finishing law school!!! Yippee for no more school ever! :) Looks like DC is the place to be!
I love all your beautiful pictures!! I would love to come visit you and enjoying the many wonders of nature back east! Congrats on your upcoming graduation. That is a big accomplishment!
Post a Comment