April 21, 2008

GREASE is the Word!

My school put on the musical "Grease" this past week. It was so much fun to be around them and not really be in charge or have to make sure they were all sitting in their seats quietly working etc. It was also fun for my husband to be able to see some of my students. I very much enjoyed watching them all play the part of cocky overconfident teenagers in black leather jackets and sunglasses. (oh wait, maybe they weren't acting that much after all) The best part was seeing all the guys with their hair all slicked back looking something like this:

And all the girls in poodle skirts looking something like this:


At the beginning of the play they set up a "red carpet" entrance for all the actors like they were celebrities walking into a movie premier. One of my students played Vince Fontain, the radio DJ. He was truly a natural, it was so fun to see him acting all suave. Hopefully now he will stop rehearsing "Greased Ligtning" in the middle of my class now.

My favorite part of the evening was during intermission. One of my students is incredibly loud and outspoken, I really can't describe her, I've never met anyone quite like her before. As she walked past us with some friends she screeched "Mrs. Cardon! Is That your husband? The one you keep on your desk?" "Yes, he's one, the one in the picture on my desk" I replied. "Mmmm, he is so sexy!" was her answer as she walked away. I have to say I would certainly agree. Drew never knew he was so appealing to younger women.

2 comments:

Ali Andrus said...

Haha. I got a good laugh out of this. Kids say the funniest things :)

Tawnya said...

Nice. I bet Drew got a kick out of that.