April 2, 2008

Kite Festival and Cherry Blossom Festival

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

On Saturday I took Aimee out on a surprise date. I asked her out on Monday but didn't tell her what we were doing until we were leaving the house on Saturday afternoon. First we went to the Kite Festival then we went over to the Cherry Blossom festival which was nearby we finished off the date by going out to dinner at an Italian Restaurant. To get to the kite festival we took the metro which was extremely crowded.

Here are some of the best pictures we took at the festivals. They are good but really don't do justice to describe how beautiful it was. When Aimee first saw all the cherry blossoms she described them as "magical."


There were hundreds of kites flying in the air. This picture is of a contest called 'last kite flying' the kites had a team of people on the end and each team tried to have their kite be the last one in the air by knocking the other kites out of the sky.


The best looking couple in D.C.!


Cherry blossoms up close and personal.

It was the open ceremonies of the cherry blossom festival and there were literally thousands and thousands of people out to enjoy the blossoms on a beautiful afternoon.

2 comments:

Ali Andrus said...

Aw, how romantic! I bet the cherry blossom festival was spectacular. I'd love to see that!

Tawnya said...

way to be thoughtful and sweet. keep it up!